Each year, the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks National Scholarship Program grants $3.740,000 in college scholarships and grants and the 2016-2017 application year is underway.
This is a national program that does not require Elks affiliation. Scholarships range from $4,000 to $50,000, and are payable in four equal installments. Eligibility is subject to the following criteria:
· Applicants must be high school seniors or equivalent, and a U.S. citizen;
· Enrollment upon graduation must be into a four-year college (or two-year college followed by two years at a four-year college);
· The deadline for MVS applications is November 27, 2017; Apply online HERE
This is a national program that requires Elks affiliation. Scholarships are $4,000, payable in four equal installments. Eligibility is subject to the following criteria:
· Applicants must be college-bound high school seniors or equivalent, and a U.S. citizen;
· They must also be the children or grandchildren of dues-paying Elks;
· The Deadline for Legacy applications is February 2, 2018. Apply online HERE.
This program provides college financial assistance to children of deceased or totally disabled Elks, in the form of annual grants that may add up to $4,000 in total.
· Applicants attend a four-year college as a full-time Student;
· They must demonstrate financial need, and;
· They must be unmarried and under age 23 as of December 31 in the year of application
Applications are available by request between May 1 and October 31 of the academic year for which assistance is desired. More information can be found at: www.elks.org/ENF/scholars/eefgrants.cfm.
This program is exclusive to children and/or grandchildren (or otherwise legal dependents) of Alameda Elks Lodge #1015 members who have been active for approximately two years. It involves a separate application from the national Elks MVS or Elks Legacy scholarship programs, and provides up to four scholarships of $6,000 in total, paid in four equal installments.
The Alameda Elks Lodge #1015 Scholarship Program application is downloadable here. The deadline for submitting the Alameda Lodge Scholarship application, with required accompanying materials to the Lodge office, is March 31st, 2018.
This program, sponsored by CHEA, offers scholarship awards of up to $2,000 annually, renewable for up to four years (for total awards of up to $8,000).
Eligible candidates for these awards must:
Local interested qualified students to go to www.chea-elks.org . The application will be available after November 1st, 2017
We offer our best wishes to the Class of 2018. For any questions on these matters please contact Bernadette Birt, Alameda Elks Lodge Scholarship Chair, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.