Elks Charities Overview
Alameda Elks Lodge #1015 is dedicated to supporting a number of local charities and causes to help our community and our neighbors. Our organization is based on service to each other and to our community. We’re proud to support the following causes and organizations:
Veterans and Active Military
- Annual Yountville Veteran’s Home Barbecue — Every year, we pack up the burgers and hot dogs and drive up to Yountville to serve lunch to the Veterans.
- Package Program — We send care packages to active duty personnel who are away from home.
- Veteran’s Day Dinner — We are proud to invite several active duty guests from all branches of the service to attend our Veteran’s Day tribute dinner every year.
- Discounted Elks Memberships — Active duty military can apply for membership at a reduced rate.
- Alameda T-Shirt Baseball — The Alameda Elks started the T-Shirt Baseball program in Alameda and we’re proud to sponsor a program that has over 700 participants!
- Scouting — We support both Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts with volunteers, resources and financial support.
- Bike Safety Day — Every year, we conduct a Bike Safety Day, open to all Alameda families where kids can have their bikes checked and get fitted bicycle helmets and other goodies.
- Hoop Shoot — The Hoop Shoot is free to all participants and provides youth an opportunity to compete, connect and succeed.
- Youth Clubs — We support the Oakland YMCA Kids Club, the Alameda Boys and Girls Club, Girls Inc of Alameda every year.
- School Music Programs — We are proud to support the bands of Encinal High School, Alameda High School, Lincoln Middle School and Wood Middle School
- Midway Shelter of Alameda — Midway Shelter of Alameda provides safety for women and children who are suffering from homelessness and domestic violence.